Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bringing Back the Bundt


Pistachio Bundt Cake

My grandmother made this moist bundt cake quite frequently, and I have been searching for the recipe frantically since I received this box! I tried once to wing it and recreated it on my own out of desperation, but it just didn't have the right texture (although everyone ate it anyways...boys).

Yesterday I was again trying vainly to find it, and finally buried in the cake section on a wee bit of folded paper, there it was! I can't tell you how easy this cake is, no wait, yes I can!

Pistachio Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant pistachio pudding
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup canola oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan. If using non stick pan that just spray a little cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Poor batter into pan and make sure batter is evenly spread. Bake for 50 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

"Nut Swirl" variation: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 cup finally chopped nuts. Put 1/3 of the batter in the pan, sprinkle with half the sugar mixture. Repeat layers and top with remaining batter. Bake as above.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment